I had overpurchased on the aubergine and red pepper front so I decided to do this fabulous Moro standby.
This dish is delicious scooped up with some decent flatbread or even some shopbought pitta bread lightly toasted.
Have it on it's own with some salad, as part of a meze or allegedly (I haven't tried it yet) with grilled lamb.
This is incredibly easy
3 red peppers
1 clove of garlic crushed to a paste with salt (do this in a pestle and mortar if you have one)
a squeeze of lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
220g greek yoghurt thinned with two tablespoons milk and seasoned with salt
chopped fresh coriander
salta and black pepper
1. Pre heat the oven to 200 degrees
2. Line a roasting pan or baking sheet with foil (saves on the washing up)
3. Put the peppers and aubergines in the oven for 45 minutes
4. Take them out of the oven and put into seperate bowls and cover with clingfilm. Allow them to become cool enough to handle easily.
5. Slit the aubergines in half and scoop the flesh out of the skin and place in a bowl. Chop roughly and add the garlic, olive oil and lemon juice, mix well and season.
6. Peel the skin off of the peppers, take the seeds out and tear roughly into bite sized pieces.
7. Now put the aubergine on a large plate and strew the peppers on top.
8, Pour the yoghurt over one side of the aubergine and pepper.
9. Finish off with the coriander